السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
أحببت أن أنقل لكم هذا الإعلان
من الدكتور محمد صالح-قسم الفارماكولوجى
Dear all
The Medical Experimental Research Center (MERC) in faculty of medicine under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Mohamed Sobh offers 8 summer research scholarships for our pharmacy undergarduate students. The awardees will be selected from students done with the third grade or fouth grade (graduated) to fulfill the requirments of gaining both pharmacology and bioassay courses. The awardees will be mainly selected depending on a competition in an oral presentation (10 min) followed by a little oral exam (5 min) by me. The oral presentaion should include one of the animal reno-caridovascualr research (1) Hypertension, 2) Diabetes Mellitus (type I and II), 3) Chronic Kidney Diseases, 4) Glomerulonephritis, 5) Atherosclerosis, 6) Arrythmias, 7) Inflammation related to reno-cardiovascular diseases). You should know also how the animal model is established, how you test and confirm it, how to deal with it (diagnostically, taking samples…etc), what ****bolic parameters mean and how you measure it, how you sacrifice the animal and isolating the organs that you are looking for. In addition the student should be aware of research methodology basics (ELISA, RIA, RT-PCR, Histological studies, Microscopical techniques) and of course statistics. The awardees will be secondly selected depend on thier pharmacology and bioassay grades or pharma-1, pharma-2, math and stat GPA (clinical 4th and 5th level students).

The oral presentation competition will be held in Pharco Hall on Wednesday 9th May 2012.

Please fill the following form, rename the word file to have your name then submit electronically to [email protected] no later than 25th April 2012
http://www.mediafire.com/?x44m2mzz8fi4xzt

I will schedule 15 minutes for each participant (10 minutes presentation and 5 minutes oral questions).

Again, only students from third and fourth graded will be selected. In case the participants do not possess high qualifications or do not show enthusiasm to the research work, students from lower grades will be called for another competetion.

Best regards.
Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Saleh